Life in Mundelein, IL
The Village of Mundelein, a vibrant and progressive community of nearly 32,000 residents, has a rather simple approach to economic development—we are on YOUR team, and we are committed to doing everything we can to help your business succeed. Mundelein is situated in the center of beautiful Lake County, Illinois—one of the strongest areas of commercial and industrial growth in the nation, with excellent housing, recreational, educational, and business opportunities.
Mundelein is a full-service community with municipal services second to none. The Village provides fire and police protection, water delivery, wastewater treatment, building inspection, engineering design and inspection, street maintenance, and economic development assistance. Each department’s highest priority is providing exceptional customer service. Plus, Mundelein’s award-winning schools, Park and Recreation programs, and library services offer residents numerous leisure, recreational, and enrichment options.
Do you have ideas and protocols that you have always wanted to implement? Do you want to direct a team of skilled professionals to be the best they can be? Then what you’ll find at our practice is a dynamic team that is ready to support you as you continue through your professional journey. Our hospital is fully equipped, but if we don’t have a certain piece of equipment that you need, we’ll get it!
We pride ourselves on offering the highest standards of care in veterinary medicine while offering individualized care for each patient. This is accomplished by building strong relationships with our clients, who are highly invested in their pet’s health and will follow through with your recommendations, allowing you to practice your best medicine. Our team is excited to add a leader so that we can continue our legacy of providing top-tier care to our patients in the community.
A full-time or part-time position is available.
What to expect from our team:
- Ability to practice independently AND collaborate with colleagues
- Competitive salary/exceptional benefits*
- Ability to create an optimal schedule to support a healthy work-life balance
- A safe and accepting culture
- Support in bringing new ideas and protocols to the practice
- Encouragement of pursuing CE opportunities
- Self-care resources
- Experienced support staff
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for veterinary medicine
- Have a willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Have a keen business sense
- Be positive and energetic
- Enjoy collaboration with colleagues, i.e., TEAMWORK!
- Be an empathetic and competent communicator
- Have a compassionate heart
- Have a sense of humor
- SMILE! After all, you love your career, right?
*Competitive salary based on skill and experience, health/dental/vision/disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, license/dues/liability insurance expenses covered, generous paid time off, CE allowance, assistance with relocation costs, and the ability to enjoy a work-life balance. Part-time benefits may vary.
The Associate Veterinarian will need an educational background of at least:
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree or equivalent from an accredited university.